When someone is asked to think of architecture, most picture a classic cathedral, or an old government building built over a hundred years ago. But don’t forget about the building you buy your groceries in, or meet your friends for a drink, or take your pet for a checkup. These building make up the vast fabric of our society and are the workhorses of today’s architecture. These spaces are often transformed to meet the needs of new tenants. Let’s discuss the importance of transforming a building over time.
Building renovation is important for several reasons. Today we are going to look at attracting the public eye, incorporating new technology, and keeping with today’s trends.
1. Attract the Public Eye:
• If you are a new tenant to the building the best way to create community awareness as a business is to create something that attracts the eye.
• Communities appreciate when companies transform the town eyesore into an attractive space that they are proud to call part of the community.
• Transforming a space can encourage community engagement making your place of business the community gathering spot.
2. Incorporate New Technology into an Older Building:
• Providing a facelift to an existing structure allows the use of new technology to be utilized. This creates a longer life for older buildings.
• Often, new technology is more energy efficient and sustainable, again giving new life to an old structure.
3. Keeping with Today’s Trends:
• Some buildings are timeless and require historical preservation, but many need to function for today and remain adaptable for tomorrow.
• Branding is key for today’s businesses. Giving your building a facelift communicates who you are and what you stand for.
• Designers are trained to sew variables such as environment, trends, branding, and sustainability together into a cohesive design.
JL Architects has 34 years of experience adapting buildings for their new use. How can we help you realize your vision for your business?
-Nate Houser, Architectural Designer